Top 6 Crypto Apps in Australia
With so many Cryptocurrency exchanges and applications available for Australian investors, it can be difficult to find the right one to get started. To help Aussies make an informed decision, we have put together our Top 6 based on our review methodology:
Our Ranking Methodology
With so many Cryptocurrency exchanges and applications available for Australian investors, it can be difficult to find the right one to get started. To help Aussies make an informed decision, we have put together our Top 5 based on some key factors which we place high importance on:
- Security: A good crypto app should prioritize security and have measures in place to protect users' assets and personal information. This includes encryption, two-factor authentication, and secure storage of users' private keys.
- Ease of use: The app should be easy to use and have a user-friendly interface, so that even those who are new to cryptocurrency can easily buy, sell, and manage their assets.
- Wide range of coins and tokens: A good crypto app should offer a wide range of coins and tokens, so that users have a variety of options to choose from.
- Low fees: Cryptocurrency transactions can be expensive, so a good crypto app should offer low fees or have a transparent fee structure.
- Customer support: A good crypto app should have a reliable customer support team that is available to assist users with any questions or issues they may have.
- Integration with other financial services: A good crypto app should be able to integrate with other financial services, such as bank accounts or credit cards, to make it easy for users to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
- Regulatory compliance: It's important for a good crypto app to operate in compliance with relevant regulations in Australia. This ensures the app is legitimate and trustworthy, and helps protect users from scams or fraud.
1. CoinSpot App
CoinSpot is the most popular crypto app in Australia and has over 2 Australian million users. It provides a simple and easy-to-use UI and is the best platform for beginners. The application also has a built-in wallet so you can store your coins safely. Users can open positions, deposit and withdraw AUD, stake crypto, check portfolio and more on the CoinSpot app.
- Apple Store Rating: 4.8 stars from 11K reviews
- Google Play Store Rating: 4.5 stars from 6K reviews
- UI & Functionality: 10/10 Easy to use and straightforward
2. Binance App
Binance is another great option for Australian crypto investors, the app offers a wide range of features. Although, the UI is not easy for beginners and is best suited for experienced traders. It has almost all the same features as its web version. It doesn’t offer depositing and withdrawing of Australian dollars from the application.
- Apple Store Rating: 4.7 stars from 120K reviews
- Google Play Store Rating: 4.5 stars from 900k reviews
- UI & Functionality: 8/10 Best suited for experienced traders
3. SwyftX App
SwyftX is another popular crypto app that offers a simple and easy-to-use platform but lacks features and assets. The platform doesn’t offer as many cryptocurrencies as CoinSpot or Binance. Users can check their portfolio, buy and sell cryptocurrencies and contact support through the app.
- Apple Store Rating: 4.6 stars from 5K reviews
- Google Play Store Rating: Not rated on Google Play Store
- UI & Functionality: 9/10 Simple app with easy UI
4. Digital Surge App
Digital Surge also recently launched an application but it is yet to be rated on either app store as it hasn’t accumulated enough reviews to display. You can buy/sell crypto on the app and check your portfolio but besides that it offers no functionality.
- Apple Store Rating: Has not received enough reviews to view rating
- Google Play Store Rating: Has not received enough reviews to view rating
- UI & Functionality: 7/10 Basic app with limited functionality
5. eToro App
eToro is a great option for those who wish to invest in more than just cryptocurrencies. On the eToro app, you can invest in cryptocurrencies, commodities, stocks, ETFs, indices and currencies. Users can buy and sell digital assets, check their portfolios and utilise the Copy Trading function on eToro.
- Apple Store Rating: 3.4 stars from 2K reviews
- Google Play Store Rating: 4.2 stars from 120K reviews
- UI & Functionality: 9/10 Easy to use for beginners and professionals
6. Bybit App
Bybit is another popular crypto app that offers a wide range of features, assets and support options. You can speak with support, deposit AUD, open positions on futures/derivatives trading, buy and sell spot and stake multiple cryptocurrencies on the app. You cannot withdraw Australian dollars from the platform.
- Apple Store Rating: 3.9 stars from 6K reviews
- Google Play Store Rating: 4 stars from 68K reviews
- UI & Functionality: 8/10 Straightforward UI with many useful features
So, which is the best crypto app for Australian investors? If you're looking for a simple and easy-to-use platform, then CoinSpot is the best option for you. It also offers the most deposit and withdrawal methods for Aussies, the second-largest selection of cryptocurrencies, the highest security and lowest fees out of all the applications.
If you're looking for a more advanced platform with a wide range of features, then Binance or Bybit may be a better option. Ultimately, the best crypto app for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences.