How to bridge Crypto from Avalanche to Fantom
The fastest and most affordable way to bridge your cryptocurrencies from Avalanche to Fantom is via Synapse, a multi-chain DEX that facilitates bridging. You can bridge between 15 networks on Synapse protocol. In this example, we use SYN as the bridging token, but you can also send USDT, DAI, USDC, gOHM, nUSD, ETH & nUSD. Follow the steps to get started.
- Visit Synapse and connect your MetaMask Wallet.
- Select Avalanche and Fantom as your two networks.
- Input the amount of SYN you want to bridge.
- Confirm the transactions and your funds will arrive in your wallet within a minute.
Avalanche and Fantom RPC Details
To add the Fantom Opera network to your MetaMask wallet simply click ‘Networks’ on MetaMask and select ‘Add Network’, then fill in the below details.
- Network Name: Fantom Opera
- RPC Url: https://rpc.ftm.tools/
- ChainID: 250
- Symbol: FTM
- Block Explorer URL: https://ftmscan.com/
- Network Name: Avalanche Network
- RPC Url: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- ChainID: 43114
- Symbol: AVAX
- Block Explorer URL: https://snowtrace.io/
Bridging Fees: Avalanche to Fantom
When bridging between any networks there are typically two fees involved, the bridging fee and the network transaction fee. The bridging fee is the gas/transaction fee you may on MetaMask once you have approved your funds to bridge. The network transaction fee is automatically deducted from the amount you are quoted before you bridge.
The total cost to bridge from Avalanche to Fantom using Synapse will come to around $5USD. On most bridging protocols the price will generally range between $10 - $15USD.
The Bottom Line
Bridging cryptocurrencies from Avalanche to Fantom is quick, secure and affordable with the Synapse Protocol. With just a few clicks you can bridge a variety of tokens across 17 different networks and start trading in minutes.