How to bridge from Avalanche to Polygon
The most simple way to bridge from Avalanche to Polygon with your MetaMask or Web3 wallet is by going through Synapse, a bridging protocol with access to both networks. It allows users to quickly swap tokens between chains with ease and security.
Bridge your assets from Avalanche to Polygon with this quick guide:
- Visit the Synapse protocol and connect your MetaMask or Web3 wallet.
- Select 'Avalanche' and 'Polygon' as your two networks.
- Choose a token and enter the amount you want to bridge from Avalanche.
- Press 'Approve' and follow the prompts on your MetaMask extension.
Avalanche and Polygon RPC Details
Transferring assets between networks requires both chains to be added to your wallet prior to bridging. If you don’t already have Avalanche and Polygon on your MetaMask, open the application, click ‘Networks’ and tap ‘Add a Network’. Then fill in the below RPC details into the 'Add a Network' form.
Avalanche RPC Details:
- Network Name: Avalanche Network
- RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- ChainID: 43114
- Symbol: AVAX
- Block Explorer URL: https://snowtrace.io/
Polygon RPC Details:
- Network Name: Polygon
- RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- Chain ID: 137
- Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
AVAX to Polygon Bridging Fees
When bridging USDC or any token from the Avalanche C-Chain network to the Matic Mainnet, you will need to consider the bridging and network transaction (gas) fee. Both transactions will cost you up to $5 AUD to move your funds over to the Polygon network. We recommend Synapse as its fees are cheaper than competitors like Stargate Finance by around 0.5% per transaction.
To conclude, bridging funds between Avalanche and Polygon is a relatively straightforward process with the right tools. Synapse Protocol is arguably one of the best platforms to bridge your tokens with, providing low fees and secure transfers of assets across both networks. It also is one of the only bridging platforms that provide live customer support.