How to bridge from BNB Chain to Avalanche
The fastest and easiest way to bridge cryptocurrency from BNB Chain to AVAX with a MetaMask account is by going through the bridging platform, Synapse. The entire bridging process will only take 2 - 5 minutes to complete. Synapse supports a variety of tokens that can be bridged, including USDC, USDT, SYN and many more.
Follow the below step-by-step guide to get started:
- Visit the Synapse protocol and connect your MetaMask or Web3 wallet.
- Select 'Binance Smart chain' and 'Avalanche' as your two networks.
- Pick a token to bridge and input the amount you wish to transfer from BNB Chain.
- Click 'Approve USDC' and follow the prompts in your MetaMask wallet.
Binance Smart Chain and Avalanche C-Chain RPC Details
If you don’t have the Avalanche network added to your MetaMask, you will not be able to send funds to your AVAX wallet. To add the Avalanche C-Chain to a MetaMask wallet, you must open your app, click ‘Networks’ and tap ‘Add Networks’. You will be redirected to a form, fill in the below details to add both networks to your wallet:
BNB Chain RPC Details:
- Network Name: Binance Smart Chain
- RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- Chain ID: 56
- Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
Avalanche RPC Details:
- Network Name: Avalanche Network
- RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- ChainID: 43114
- Symbol: AVAX
- Block Explorer URL: https://snowtrace.io/
BNB Chain to AVAX Bridging Fees
When transferring your tokens from the Binance Smart Chain to the Avalanche C-Chain, you will need to consider the bridging and network transaction (gas) fee. The bridging fee is paid to Synapse Protocol for facilitating the transfer of your tokens. The network transaction fee is paid on MetaMask to cover the cost of gas and varies depending on how congested the network is.
Both transactions will cost you up to $15AUD to move your funds to the AVAX network. Once your assets have arrived to Avalanche, the cost to move funds around comes to about 0.1 cents per transaction. The gas fees on the Avalanche network are considerably lower than those on the Binance Smart Chain network.
To sum up, the best way to bridge your funds between BNB Chain and Avalanche, is through the Synapse Protocol. Not only is it fast and easy to use, but it also offers lower network fees than other popular bridging platforms on the market. Whether you want to trade tokens or earn passive income by staking your crypto, Synapse has everything you need for a seamless experience.