How to Bridge Crypto from Avalanche to Optimism
When bridging tokens from the Avalanche C-Chain to the Optimism network there is only two platforms you can use. Synapse is a cross-chain DEX (decentralised exchange) that offers direct bridging between Avalanche and Optimism. You can bridge a variety of tokens on Synapse including USDC, USDT, AVAX, ETH, and many more. Follow the below steps to get started.
- Visit the Synapse protocol and connect your web3 crypto wallet.
- Select 'Avalanche' and 'Optimism' as your two networks and choose a token to bridge.
- Enter the amount you want to bridge from Avalanche to Optimism.
- Press 'Approve' and follow the prompts on MetaMask or web3 wallet.
Avalanche & Optimism RPC Details
Before bridging your tokens from Avalanche to Optimism you will need to have both networks added to your MetaMask wallet. Simply click ‘Networks’ and ‘Add Networks’ on MetaMask and input the below RPC details.
Avalanche RPC Details
- Network Name: Optimistic Ethereum
- RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io
- Chain ID: 10
- Symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://optimistic.etherscan.io
Optimism RPC Details
- Network Name: Avalanche Network
- RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- Chain ID: 43114
- Symbol: AVAX
- Block Explorer URL: https://snowtrace.io/
Alternative Bridging Tokens for AVAX to OP
There are a few bridging token options available when bridging between AVAX and OP. All the tokens charge different fees and slippage. If you are looking for the most affordable option we recommend using SYN, the native token of Synapse. When bridging this token you will always receive positive slippage and a 1 - 10 SYN bridging fee. The available bridging tokens are USDC, USDT, DAI, ETH, nUSD, nETH, UST, gOHM & SYN.
The Bottom Line
Bridging tokens from Avalanche to Optimism is a relatively simple process with Synapse. All you need to do is enter the amount of tokens you want to bridge, press approve and follow the instructions on MetaMask or web3 wallet. Before starting make sure you have added both networks to your MetaMask wallet by inputting the RPC details provided.