How to bridge from Ethereum to Fantom
The fastest and most affordable way to bride cryptocurrencies between Ethereum and Fantom is through Synapse protocol. In this example, we will use USDC as the bridging token but you can also send USDT, DAI, gOHM, SYN, USDB, nUSD, ETH & SDT. Follow the below steps to bridge crypto from Ethereum to Fantom.
- Visit the Synapse platform and connect your MetaMask or Web3 wallet.
- Select Ethereum and Fantom as your two networks, then pick a bridging token.
- Input the amount of USDC you want to bridge from Ethereum to Fantom.
- Confirm the transactions on MetaMask and your funds in will arrive in your wallet within minutes.
Fantom RPC Details for MetaMask
Before you can transfer your tokens from Ethereum to Fantom, you will first need to add the Fantom network to your MetaMask extension. To do this, simply open 'Networks' in your MetaMask extension, select ‘Add a Network’ then fill in the below details into the web form.
- Network Name: Fantom Opera
- RPC URL: https://rpc.ftm.tools/
- ChainID: 250
- Symbol: FTM
- Block Explorer URL: https://ftmscan.com/
What are the fees to bridge cryptocurrencies?
When bridging between two networks it’s important to consider the fees that are involved. Most bridging platforms will charge typically two fees - the bridging fee and the network transaction fee.
- Bridging Fee: This is the gas fee, you can find the total when you press ‘Approve USDC’.
- Network Transaction Fee: This is the fee charged to bridge between networks, the total is highlighted in the information left to the slippage amount on Synapse.
Synapse offers 0% slippage and low network transaction fees when you choose SYN as your bridging token. They offer this to incentivise their users to buy their native token SYN. If you wish to purchase SYN, you can buy it on multiple DEXs (decentralised exchange) like UniSwap or Trader Joe.