How to Bridge from Optimism to Polygon
Bridging cryptocurrencies from the Optimism network to the Polygon Mainnet is a simple process that will take around 2 minutes to complete. As previously mentioned, the best bridging platform is Synapse. In the below steps, we use USDC as the bridging token, but you may also send USDC, DAI, nUSD, gOHM & SYN on Synapse protocol.
Follow these short and simple steps to get started:
- Visit the Synapse protocol and connect your Web3 wallet to the platform.
- Go to the 'Bridge' tab and select 'Optimism' and 'Polygon' as your networks.
- Pick a cryptocurrency and the amount you want to bridge from Optimism.
- Press 'Approve USDC' and follow the prompts on your crypto wallet.
Add Polygon and Optimism to MetaMask
You must add both networks to your MetaMask wallet before bridging between the two chains. Simply open the extension, tap ‘Networks’, then select ‘Add Networks,’ and you need to fill in the form. Below you can find the verified RPC details for Optimism and Polygon:
Polygon RPC Details
- Network Name: Polygon
- RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- Chain ID: 137
- Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
Optimism RPC Details
- Network Name: Optimistic Ethereum
- RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io
- Chain ID: 10
- Symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://optimistic.etherscan.io
Optimism to Polygon Bridging Fees
The total cost will be around $5 - $10AUD to bridge cryptocurrencies between Optimism and Polygon on Synapse protocol. On most major bridges, this will cost around $30 - $50 AUD as you cannot directly bridge between networks on any other DEX or bridging platform. Synapse is the only bridge that supports direct bridging between the two networks hence the competitively low price.
To sum up, the Synapse protocol provides a cost-effective and straightforward method for bridging cryptocurrencies from the Optimism network to the Polygon Mainnet. This protocol not only supports multiple cryptocurrencies but it also significantly reduces the costs of such operations, making it an excellent choice for users seeking an affordable and direct bridging service.