What is Solana & Avalanche?
Solana is a high-performance blockchain network that is designed to support large-scale applications. It uses a unique architecture that enables it to process transactions extremely quickly. In fact, Solana can handle up to 65,000 transactions per second. This makes it a great choice for businesses that need to process a large number of transactions quickly and efficiently.
Avalanche is another popular blockchain network option. Unlike Solana, Avalanche is focused on providing users with a more decentralised experience. The network is designed to allow users to create their own custom blockchain applications. This makes it a great choice for developers or those who want to have more control over their blockchain applications. Plus, it is EVM-compatible.
How to bridge Crypto from Solana to Avalanche
The easiest way for Australian investors to bridge crypto from Solana to Avalanche is through Allbridge. In this example we use aaUSDC as the bridging token but you can also send ABR, APYS, AVAX, aaDAI, aaUSDT & aaWBTC. For a video walkthrough, follow this Allbridge Video Guide on bridging to and from Solana. Follow the below steps to get started.
- Connect your Solana Wallet to Allbridge and select 'Solana' & 'Avalanche' as your networks.
- Find the asset you want to send, we are using aaUSDC as an example.
- Enter the amount of aaUSDC you want to send and your receiving Avalanche wallet address.
- Click ‘Approve’ and confirm the transactions in your Solana Wallet, then select ‘Send’.
- Follow the prompts and your funds will be available to view in your MetaMask or Web3 wallet.
Avalanche RPC details for MetaMask
Before you send your funds to Avalanche from Solana, you will need to have the Avalanche C-Chain added to your MetaMask or Web3 Wallet. To add this network, simply select 'Add Networks' on your MetaMask extension and fill in the RPC details as per below.
- Network Name: Avalanche Network
- RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- ChainID: 43114
- Symbol: AVAX
- Block Explorer URL: https://snowtrace.io/
What are the bridging fees for SOL to AVAX?
Bridging between any networks can be an expensive endeavour, and it's important to consider the fees that are involved. To bridge from Solana to Avalanche on Allbridge you will need to pay two fees, the bridging fee which is 0.3% flat fee on all transactions and the network transaction fee (gas fee). On Allbridge the gas fee will typically range between $10-$15 AUD.