How to Bridge from Ethereum to Polygon
The process of bridging cryptocurrencies from Ethereum to Polygon will take a few minutes to complete. As previously mentioned, we recommend using the Synapse protocol. Synapse offers the lowest fees and fastest transaction speeds out of any bridge. It also provides the widest range of tokens to bridge, including USDT, USDC, DAI and more.
Begin bridging your tokens to Polygon with this easy guide:
- Visit the Synapse protocol and connect your web3 wallet to the platform.
- Go to the 'Bridge' tab and select 'Ethereum' and 'Polygon' as your networks.
- Pick a cryptocurrency and the amount you want to bridge from Ethereum.
- Press 'Approve USDC' and follow the prompts on your MetaMask wallet.
Add Polygon to MetaMask
For optimal asset bridging between these networks, traders need to add the Polygon Mainnet into their MetaMask wallet. Launch your wallet and then navigate to the 'Networks' section, and once there, tap 'Add Networks’. Consequently, you'll be redirected to a MetaMask form. Here, enter the requisite RPC details for Polygon. By following these steps, you can seamlessly manage your assets across different networks.
Polygon RPC Details:
- Network Name: Polygon
- New RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- Chain ID: 137
- Currency Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
Ethereum to Polygon Bridging Fees
When bridging cryptocurrencies from the Ethereum network to the Matic Mainnet, you will need to consider the following fees that are involved:
- The bridging fee is the cost you must pay to transfer tokens from Ethereum to Polygon.
- The network transaction fee covers the cost of gas and varies depending on how congested the network is.
Both transactions will cost you up to $20 AUD to move your funds over to the Polygon network. However, once your funds have arrived to the Polygon network, the cost to move funds around comes to about 10 cents per transaction, significantly lower than the fees on Ethereum.
To recap, if you're looking to quickly and easily bridge funds between the Ethereum and Polygon networks, Synapse is the best option. With fast transaction speeds and low fees, it offers an affordable way to move your funds quickly and easily between the two networks.