Cointree offers a wide variety of cryptocurrencies to buy and sell but unfortunately does not provide many features like staking or futures trading. Refer to the below list for a high-level overview of the exchanges key features.
- Trade over 280 cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum and Tether.
- Buy and sell Gold Bullion with direct title to investment-grade gold, safely stored in Australian vaults.
- Speak with 24/7 live customer support based in Australia.
- Learn from Cointree's free educational resources and blog.
- SMSF services that let users invest in bitcoin and cryptocurrency through their super funds.
- Regulated by AUSTRAC as a Digital Currency Exchange.
- OTC Desk with low fees for institutional grade and corporate clients.
- Tailored cryptocurrency services for tax advisors, accountants and wealth managers.
Security, Regulation and Licensing
Cointree is a licensed cryptocurrency exchange that is registered with the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC). They are also a member of Blockchain Australia, which highlights that they are active in the Australian Crypto & Fintech communities.
Additionally they use a hot/cold wallet system with 98% of customer funds stored offline in cold storage, have 2FA enabled for cryptocurrency withdrawals and their website traffic runs entirely over encrypted SSL (HTTPS). Also, all of Cointree's employees must pass a criminal background check as part of the hiring process.
The exchange is one of the most affordable trading platforms in Australia, with trading fees that get as low as 0.5%. Below is a quick summary of the fees charged on Cointree.
- Deposit Fees: All AUD and Crypto deposits are free on Cointree.
- Withdrawal Fees: AUD withdrawals are free but Crypto withdrawals have a small fee to cover the cost of gas.
- Trading Fees: 0.9% for Trading Fees and 0.25% for Crypto-to-Crypto swaps.*
*Trading fees begin from 0.9% but get as low as 0.5% for users with high monthly trade volumes. Crypto-to-Crypto swaps are between 0.05% - 0.25%.
The Cointree platform offers a simple buying & selling interface for the 280+ cryptocurrencies available on their platform. That said, there is not much else to do on Cointree outside of buying and selling crypto.
Their platform does not offer Staking or an NFT Marketplace to explore the other aspects of Crypto, DeFi and the Metaverse. This is one of the reasons why we believe they are less competitive than the best crypto exchanges in Australia.
One of the platforms key features is its 24/7 customer support. The customer service team is available to contact 24/7 via live chat, email (email@example.com) and phone (1300 389 414). In addition to these methods, support can also be reached via one of their online communities including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube & LinkedIn.
Cointree is a perfectly good exchange to use if you're an Australian investor looking to buy cryptocurrencies. That said, they definitely aren't the best. If you are looking for a more comprehensive experience on a platform that offers Crypto Staking, NFT Marketplaces, Crypto Cards and over 370 assets to trade - we recommend CoinSpot.