Moomoo offers variety of features on its platform including a robust mobile and desktop trading platform that equipped with advanced research and trading tools. Refer to the list below for a quick overview of moomoo’s features.
- User-friendly Mobile Trading – Moomoo offers a user-friendly mobile trading experience with simple UI that is functionally similar to the desktop version. It is easy to search for stocks and place multiple order using moomoo.
- Free Paper Trading - A virtual trading feature that allows users to make fake trades with virtual money so they can test trading strategies without needing to worry about losing money.
- Extended trading hours - moomoo offers longer US trading hours than most brokerage platforms do, which covers Pre and After market hours from 4AM - 8PM EST, making moomoo a perfect trading platform for users in opposite timezones to EST.
- Free Advanced Research & Charting Tools - moomoo sets itself apart from its competitors with its advanced research/charting tools including Stock Screener, Stock Compare, Institutional Tracking, AI forecasts, Short-selling analysis, AI monitors and many more to discover.
- 24/7 Financial News - Besides 24/7 financial news from financial publishers like Dow Jones, Reuters, Bloomberg, and more (all for free), the moomoo editorial team also handpicks financial news each day. There is also an aggregated financial calendar that reminds you of major market events and earnings.
- Moo Community - An active online investment community that allows users connect with other moomoo investors directly on the platform to discuss trades, assets and strategies.
- Desktop Trading Platform - A highly customizable trading and investing platform that is supported on desktop for Mac or PC. Users can sync customized setups, alerts, and notifications across both web and mobile devices.
- Real-time Level 2 Market Data - moomoo is one of the few platforms globally that offer free real-time level 2 US-market data with a refresh rate of 0.3s, displaying US real-time bids and asks price up to 60 levels.
Is moomoo Safe and Regulated?
Yes, mooomoo is a safe investing platform to use for Australian investors and all of its AU's client funds are deposited in a client funds trust held with HSBC Bank, and are fully segregated from moomoo’s funds.
In Australia, investment products and services on moomoo are offered by 'Futu Securities (Australia) Ltd (Futu AU)' under ABN 51 095 920 648 and is an Australian Financial Services Licensee that is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). Moomoo is also a member of FINRA and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation in the United States, accounts under which are also insured by the SIPC for up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for cash claims).
What Asset Classes are Available on moomoo
Over 11,000 US stocks and ETFs plus ASX stocks and ETFs are available on moomoo for trading.
How to Sign up to moomoo in Australia
In this simple guide, we show Australian investors how to sign up to moomoo with three easy steps. Use the link in this method to get $10 back for every $100AUD deposit you make on moomoo (up to $50). Follow the below guide to get started.
- Sign up to moomoo and select 'Claim deposit match'.
- Enter your email address and password and tap 'Sign up'.
- Click 'Open Account' and verify your phone number/identity.
Are moomoos Fees Expensive?
Not at all, in-fact moomoo offers some of the lowest fees available in Australia:
- US stocks & ETFs: $0.99 per share, min $1.99 per order
- ASX stocks & ETFs: 0.088% of transaction value, min A$8.8 per order
Not to mention it’s currently running an August promotion where new users can enjoy 180 days of brokerage-free trading for opening account. That means that when you sign up and open an account on moomoo this month you will get 6 months of commission free trading on AU & US Markets.
In addition to its free trading fees, moomoo also doesn't charge any fees to deposit or withdraw AUD from its platform. For a full breakdown of the fees offered on moomoo, you can refer to its pricing page on its official website.
In addition to fees promotion, the platform is also matching new users first deposits up to $50 AUD. And after the deposit, users can earn an additional $10AUD for every $100AUD deposited (up to $50AUD).
Does moomoo have a Mobile App?
Yes, moomoo is supported across multiple devices including mobile and web. The moomoo platform can be downloaded through the following: App Store, Google Play, Windows, Mac and Open API. The mobile and web versions of moomoo have the same functionality and UI.
moomoo Customer Support
Overall, moomoo is one of the best multi-asset online broker platforms for investors in Australia and South-East Asia. They are one of the few investing platforms that offers Crypto, Stocks, ETFs, Commodities and more all in one easy-to-use exchange.
Another advantage of moomoo is their transparency and legitimacy. Their brokerage platform holds licenses in both Australia and Singapore, which highlights that they adhere to high regulatory standards and have good internal practices.