Uphold Key Features
Uphold is not a traditional cryptocurrency exchange and doesn't just offer trading services. In addition to trading, the platform offers staking on multiple tokens, a Crypto Mastercard and more. Below we have provided a detailed summary of the key features offered on the Uphold exchange.
- Buy and sell 260+ crypto including Bitcoin, Solana, Litecoin, Tether, US Coin and more.
- Stake over 20 tokens with APYs (Annual Percentage Yields) up to 13%.
- Spend any of the 260+ supported cryptocurrencies with the Uphold Crypto Mastercard.
- Securely store your cryptocurrencies with Upholds crypto wallet that supports both Ethreum and Bitcoin.
- Contact the support team 24/7 via email, phone, live chat or through their ticketing system.
- Use Uphold on the go with their mobile app which is supported on both Apple and Android products.
- Invest with small amounts through the DCA-investing service, which allows users to invest in crypto with an autopilot feature.
Is Uphold a secure platform?
Yes, Uphold is in the top three most secure crypto exchanges in the world and the only one globally that provides audited 1:1 proof-of-reserves. In addition to its transparency of funds, it has implemented strong security methods to prevent cyber attacks and hackers. These security measures including having their staff background checked by an accredited vendor.
In terms of regulation and licensing, Uphold is registered and legally allowed to operate in over 180 countries. They are licensed by multiple government regulators including FinCEN in the United States and the FCA in the United Kingdom.
Another factor that makes Uphold stand out among competitors is its competitively low deposit, withdrawal and trading fees. Below we have provided a quick overview of Upholds Fees Schedule.
Deposit and Withdrawal Fees
Both crypto and fiat currency deposits are completely free on Uphold, except for card deposits, which are subject to a 3.99% fee. Fiat currency withdrawals are also free, but crypto withdrawals are subject to a small cost to cover the network transaction (gas) fee. The withdrawal fee will vary depending on how congested the network is.
The trading fee to buy or sell cryptocurrencies is anywhere between 0.9% - 1.8% and varies depending on the token. Where you are based will also change the price of the fee. For a detailed breakdown, visit Upholds Fees Schedule.
AUD Deposit Methods
Uphold accepts Australian dollar deposits via a variety of payment methods including Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Uphold offers staking on 30 different cryptocurrencies including popular tokens like Polygon, Solana and Avalanche with APY (yields) ranging between 3% - 13%. Refer to the below list for the supported staking options on Uphold.
- Kava (KAVA) - 13% Estimated APY
- Cosmos (ATOM) - 13% Estimated APY
- Mina (MINA) - 12% Estimated APY
- Injective (INJ) - 12% Estimated APY
- Polkadot (DOT) - 10% Estimated APY
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) - 8.5% Estimated APY
- Harmony (ONE) - 8% Estimated APY
- Zilliqa (ZIL) - 8% Estimated APY
- Band Protocol (BAND) - 8% Estimated APY
- Casper (CSPR) - 8% Estimated APY
- Kusama (KSM) - 7% Estimated APY
- Livepeer (LPT) - 7% Estimated APY
- Treshold (C_T) - 7% Estimated APY
- Flow (FLOW) - 6.5% Estimated APY
- Audius (AUDIO) - 6% Estimated APY
- SKALE Network (SKL) - 6% Estimated APY
- Oasis Network (ROSE) - 6% Estimated APY
- Fetch (FET) - 6% Estimated APY
- Solana (SOL) - 5.5% Estimated APY
- Polygon (MATIC) -5% Estimated APY
- Avalanche (AVAX) - 5% Estimated APY
- Hedera Hashgraph (HBAR) - 5% Estimated APY
- Ethereum (ETH) - 4.25% Estimated APY
- Tezos (XTZ)- 4% Estimated APY
- Cardano (ADA) - 3.5% Estimated APY
- Tron (TRX) - 3% Estimated APY
- Fantom (FTM) - 3% Estimated APY
- The Graph (GRT) - 3% Estimated APY
- Celer Network (CELR) - 1.5% Estimated APY
- Algorand (ALGO) - 1% Estimated APY.
Uphold Crypto Card
The Uphold Crypto Card is powered by Mastercard and is available to use in millions of merchants that accept Mastercard payments. This card acts like a debit card and allows users to spend any of the 260+ tokens supported on Uphold for real-life purchases like bills, shopping, groceries and more. It has no fees and the application process is simple and straightforward.
Uphold's customer support provides 24/7 assistance to its customers via live chat, email, phone and through their online help form. Whether you have a technical question, need help with deposits and withdrawals or have any other queries related to Upholds services, the team is always on hand to help. Additionally, their website includes numerous helpful resources such as tutorials and FAQs.
Uphold has a mobile app version of its exchange, available for both iOS and Android devices. The app provides an easy-to-use interface that allows users to access their funds, track market movements and make trades wherever they are. It is currently rated 4.5 stars out of 26K reviews on the Apple App Store and 4.6 stars out of 24K reviews on the Google Play Store.
The Bottom Line
Uphold is a great platform for those looking to buy, sell or trade digital assets in an intuitive environment with low fees and strong security measures. With its wide variety of payment options and support for over 260 tokens, it is one of the most user-friendly crypto platforms out there today.
Its Crypto Card makes it easier than ever to spend your cryptocurrencies in real life while its staking features offer competitive yields on popular tokens. All this combined makes Uphold one of the best options to manage your digital assets.